Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I didn't know I was carrying stress?

In Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus invites us as His disciples to swap burdens with Him. Those things that seem so heavy and unbearable to us He welcomes and says He will give us His yoke which is easier to bear.

I honestly didn't know I was so heavy laden until last night. Rochelle and I had been a little stressed this past weekend (actually, I thought Rochelle was stressed and I was handling it well; being positive and encouraging and all), but last night I just felt completely exhausted. Not because I was carrying a load, but because I felt the load lifted. You know that feeling you get after an intense workout? Your exhausted but you know that something great has just happened. I knew God had lifted a burden from my shoulders (really, a burden I didn't know I was carrying to the extent I was). My exhaustion was my bodies response to having the weight lifted and being free from it. That weight was now on Jesus' shoulders and I was now carrying His sense of peace and confirmation that He was in control and all things were under His care.

The confirmation of that actually came earlier in the day, but the release came last night and what a release it was. For the first night in several I slept all night long and woke up refreshed and eager to face the day. Thank you Lord for the offer to exchange burdens. Thank you for answered prayer. Being reminded of how great it felt I am going to be more attuned to others carrying burdens and see if I can make theirs a little lighter as well.

Who could you and I help this week carry their burdens? Keep your eyes open to just such an opportunity.

Lead Strong...
Shawn

No comments: