The most common responses were...
- No clear purpose or objective.
- Not organized. No agenda.
- Too long.
- Boring. Nothing new or interesting.
- Not inspiring or motivating.
- Doesn't start on time, stay on track, or finish on time.
- Lack of interaction.
- Allowing attendees to ramble and repeat the same comments and thoughts.
- Allowing attendees to ramble and repeat the same comments and thoughts (that's supposed to make you laugh). This, by the way, was the number 1 annoyance.
- Weak presenter (unprepared, not succinct, monotone, overly redundant).
- Repeating information for late arrivals.
- No specific action items or walk-away points.
Zig Ziglar's email was a good reminder of the opportunities created by meetings. If you've got to have them we might as well make them worthwhile and productive. We're all too busy to meet just to say we met.