Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Change is Inevitable

Marcus Aurelius said that from the moment we are conceived we are changing. With every breath we take we are changing. And, when we die we continue to change while we lie in the ground. Heraclitus said that the only constant is change. Really, to fight change is futile, and exhausting. Granted, change can be daunting, and even painful at times. But change is a reality and an opportunity for new things to take place in our lives. Change is constant, it challenges our routine, and makes us better (or can leave us behind when we fail to embrace it).

I can't believe that I no longer really need Maw Bell to provide phone service for me, my cell phone does everything I need. I find it hard to fathom that a computer can fit in the palm of my hand and no longer fills an entire room. And what would I do without my iPad? I love that thing!! Change. Think about it, do you really want to drive a Model T everyday?

I don't know about your world; your family, your professional life, but mine is in a constant state of change. It's exciting, a little frightening, a little uncertain, challenging, threatening, but exhilarating all at the same time. Stop fighting it, it is going to happen with or without you. Embrace it.Change ushers in a whole new world of opportunities for you. Remember, if you're breathing you're changing. The world around you is changing. Confront the change, own the change, grow with the change.

Just something to think about this Tuesday,

Lead Strong,

Shawn

No comments: