Friday, February 5, 2010

New Challenges - New Opportunities

Wow, I always have the best intentions to post more frequently, but life seems to interfere. These past few weeks especially have been a whirlwind professionally. I have recently been appointed as Dean of Career and Technical Education for Amarillo College. It is a new position that incorporates our East Campus ITT programs and our Business Division. I am thrilled and honored to have been appointed to this new position and anxious to get an office established and start gaining traction. I have wonderful faculty and staff within CTE and a great Administrative Assistant in Kathy Wheeler who brings experience and length of service with AC to her new role.

I promise to try and do better with the posts. I am seeking God's wisdom for leadership ability and hanging on to Proverbs 3:3 as a source of guidance "Do not let truth and kindness leave you. Bind them around your neck. Write tham on the tablet of your heart." What great leadership advice for all of us.

Lead Strong...

Shawn

No comments: